Thursday, April 3, 2014

Three good years



I should have written this two weeks ago, but I’ve just had a lot on my plate.


I got myself a new workhorse on March 18 -- an 11.6-inch screen Toshiba Satellite, not the touch screen variety, but with a beautiful matte silver cover.


It’s lighter and it just perfect for writing even on the road. From what I’ve heardd, Toshiba is one of the more durable brands around. Doesn’t hurt that its pretty. 


My three-year-old black HP will however not be forgotten. I accomplished many things using it. 


I edited hundreds of columns and wrote hundreds of editorials and Chasing Happy pieces using it. 


I started and finished my Masters program in two years flat. For that, I also wrote papers and my thesis and communicated with my professors and classmates. The program is a hybrid online/offline course.


I watched many movies and posted numerous updates and photos on Facebook. I wrote countless blog entries and put them on this blog. 


I read news and commentary on local and international events. 


I listened to the music of my favorite artists and likewise to hours of meditation and chillout music to calm my nerves. 


And many other things. 


The HP is now Bea’s, who is entering her senior year in college as a literature major. It’s a given, having to write numerous papers, and she is also slated to write her thesis this year. 


Sure, the HP is a bit overused by its previous user, it has had to be reformatted twice or thrice, and it needs to have a fan underneath to make sure it doesn’t overheat.  But it’s in good hands with Bea, who knows how to be productive online.

     I hope it enables her as much as it enabled me. 

No comments: